Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital
Health Care & Medical Services
- 129 N. Washington St. Sumter SC 29150
- (803) 774-9000
- (803) 774-8737
- Send Email
- Visit Prisma Health Tuomey
The Emergency Department is open 24 / 7 / 365
Tuomey Hospital is a part of the largest not-for-profit health care company in South Carolina, one that serves more than 1.2 million patients annually. Prisma Health employs more than 30,000 people who work to improve the health of our communities through improved clinical quality, access to care and patient experience, while also addressing the rising cost of health care.
More than 1,700 people work on the Sumter campus, along with 228 physicians representing 37 medical specialties. Tuomey has earned prestigious designations as a Baby Friend Hospital and Breast Center of Excellence and was named a Pathway to Excellence hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing Tuomey as a place that encourages nurses to be their best, to seek continuous learning and higher certification, to provide strong leadership and help that engagement flow into other departments.
Tuomey is also a satellite for Prisma Health—Midlands Children’s Hospital, providing pediatric care that includes support from a pediatric pharmacy, nutrition therapy, and the ability to keep smaller infants and those needing special care close to home and their families.
The hospital supports a Level II Nursery; an Intensive Care Unit; 10 operating suites; centers for Outpatient Surgery, Imaging and Cancer Treatment; an Infusion Center; an award-winning Wound Healing Center; a Heart Failure Clinic and cardiac, speech, physical and occupational rehabilitative services. Our diagnostic capabilities feature comprehensive pathology services, interventional radiology and cardiac catheterization.
- 228 credentialed physicians representing 37 medical specialties
- 36-bed nursery, ICU, 10 operating suites, outpatient surgery center, women and children's pavilion.
- The first hospital in the state to install the Hologic Affirm Prone Biopsy System technology for breast biopsy.
- Robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery capabilities
- Outpatient surgery center, full complement of rehabilitative services
Tuomey Marketing and Communications
- Phone: (803) 774-8663
- Send an Email